Documents Required For GST Registration
- Any person making the taxable intra-state supply of goods/services with an annual aggregate turnover of more than Rs 20 lakh (Rs 40 or Rs 10 lakh, as may vary depending upon the supply and state/UT) or undertaking inter-state supply (without any threshold limited) are mandatorily required to obtain GST registration.
- GST registration number or GST identification Number (GSTIN) is a unique 15-digit number provided by the tax authorities to monitor tax payments and compliances of the registered person. Business needs different sets of documents depending upon the constitution of the business or the type of GST registration that they wish to obtain.
Documents Required for GST Registration in India
- PAN Card: A permanent account number (PAN) card is required for GST registration. It serves as the primary ID proof of the business.
- Aadhaar Card: The Aadhaar card of the authorized signatory or the person responsible for the business is required for GST registration.
- Address Proof: A copy of the address proof of the place of business, such as rent agreement, electricity bill, or property tax receipt, is required.
- Bank Account Proof: A copy of the first page of the bank passbook or a canceled cheque of the bank account held in the name of the business is required.
- Photograph: A passport-size photograph of the authorized signatory or the person responsible for the business is required.
- Business Registration Document: Depending on the type of business, a registration certificate, partnership deed, or memorandum of association and articles of association may be required.
GST Registration Documents List
|Category of persons||Documents required for GST registration|
|Sole proprietor / Individual||
|Partnership firm/ LLP||
|Company (Public/ Private/ Indian/ foreign)||
*Bank account details include bank account number, IFSC code, and branch address.
**Address proof can be rent agreement, electricity bill, property tax receipt, or any other document showing the proof of ownership or occupancy of the place of business.
**Address proof: Upload any one of the following documents
- Property tax receipt
- Municipal Khata copy
- Electricity bill copy
- Ownership deed/document (in the case of owned property)
- Lease / rent agreement (in case of leased / rented property) – To be submitted along with (1), (2) or (3)
- Consent letter / NOC from the owner (in case of consent arrangement or shared property) – To be submitted along with (1), (2) or (3)